"if it's good news, it must be someone else's"

Saturday, March 8, 2008

523. andy talks about stress

andy said, stress is good for ya. it makes the work day go really fast.
so i asked, what exactly is it that you do at night that you're in such a rush to get home to?
he said, hardball with chris matthews.

then i thought, i don't know, i mean, i like hardball and all, but at my age making the day go fast doesn't strike me as a really good idea. and being stressed to boot? just plain dumb.

so i said, i see.

and left it at that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stress interrupts my serenity. I prefer soft jazz, a good wine, fresh flowers on the table, and some of Keaton's blueberry blogs.

As for making the day go by fast...LIFE goes by too fast. I saw a sign outside a church on the way to the post office last week. The sign said: "Life is a one way street. Your're not coming back."

Hm-m-m, now there's a thought to ponder.

Anonymous said...

I don't get stressed...I just smile, get/give a hug, or talk to a child...children are a fountain of wisdom, look at pictures of my kids/grand kids, or I bake bread, or make chicken soup, or 'huggle' with my precious puppy (now 9 years old, but still a puppy). There are a million things you can do other than be stressed. Call someone and tell them you love them.