"if it's good news, it must be someone else's"

Saturday, January 1, 2011

a plea on dick clark's behalf

don't get me wrong.
i love dick clark.
i'm a child of american bandstand for cryin' out loud.
which leads me to ask, could there be a more disturbing way to ring in the new year than to struggle to understand what the poor guy is trying to say?
i suggest not.
even my friend benny makes more sense and he's always fully inebriated.
i mean at least give us some subtitles so we can work with him a little.
is that asking too much?
i'm beggin' ya, please!

5 comments:

Pam said...

I heard about "forever young" Dick Clark ringing in the new year. Unfortunately or fortunately, I fell asleep on the sofa at 11:45 pm and missed him.

itsmecissy said...

Dick Clark is (to us) the Boomer’s Guy Lombardo. While painful to watch and listen to, it's amazing he can do what he does. I say die with your boots on Dick!

Hey Pam, I fell asleep on the couch at 10:30 then crawled into bed at 10:50. Woke up at midnight to the sounds of fireworks and gunshots.

pam said...

Gunshots!? What happened? Must be Sarah Palin was in town looking for liberals.

itsmecissy said...

Palin? Jeez, I hope not! Na, I live in a small agricultural community that is approx 80% Latino. It's "cultural" to shoot bullets into the air at New Years, no matter how many times they are told by Law Enforcement that "what goes up, must come down" (aka it's dangerous).

Randy Johnson said...

Bob: For cryin’ out loud, where’s your heart? Dick Clark was the greatest …oh wait that was Muhammad Ali. Hey I got an idea Bob! …next year Ali can host with Dick as his side kick. Now there’s a kick ass New Years Eve show for ya!

“Where’s your heart?” Jeeze where’s mine? I can’t believe I said that …but I bet it would get ratings.