"if it's good news, it must be someone else's"

Monday, February 20, 2012

A Simple Observation

The alternative to life is not death, no more so than the alternative to war is peace. An alternative to war is throwing tomatoes at each other until one side runs out. An alternative to peace is growing a lot of tomatoes. But life has no alternative. Nor does death. They are what they are. And the sooner I catch on to this rather simple, if not elegant, observation, the sooner I'll start living like I mean it.

7 comments:

Pam Beers. said...

Life and death are the same, really. It's the beginning of the end of the beginning.

itsmecissy said...

Is this what happens when you hit the big 60?

Pam Beers. said...

Bob's gettin' all philosophical on us.

itsmecissy said...

I unfriended my ex-SIL on facebook yesterday because she told me I was OLD!!!! 57 is OLD??????

60 is the new 40 bob, don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Old, I show her OLD!!!

Randy Johnson said...

I always figure I was dead before I was born. If I did it once, I can do it again.

Laurie said...

Oh look! You are back! I am so happy. I thought you were perhaps dead and all the while, you were just busy getting old and writing books! ;) Glad you are back even if the pond has gone all Gunsmoke and Bonanza-like.

itsmecissy said...

Yeah Laurie, next thing you know the Rifleman will make an appearance too.