"if it's good news, it must be someone else's"

Monday, November 29, 2010

holy crap! i'm gonna need better pants!

i can barely contain my excitement.
but i must for to not would curse everything, gum up the works, death kiss my life for sure.
but the tinkle drops are impossible not to acknowledge.
so i might just as well divulge a little.

as a result of reading my submission, cranelegs pond the blook, a small publishing company wants to work with me on a book project based on the miserable past six years i've endured to get published.
i'm not talking a vanity publisher here, like the one i'm working with currently.
this is the real dealsmall but still the deal.
and the first thing i thought of after reading their offer was, "holy crap! i'm gonna need better pants!"

now listen, there is still a lot to do and obstacles to overcome between here and firing off snappy one-liners to oprah's probing questions.
plenty can still go south!
and as we all know, when it comes to direction, south is pretty much where i go naturally.
but i have to tell you, this offer has just got me ... well ... it's just got me boys in a bunch to be honest.
therefore, i'm giving myself the rest of the day to indulge in fantasy and then it's back to work.

so there.
i've gone and let the cat out of the bag a little, more like a new born kitten really, but i don't think i've jinxed the whole affair too much.
besides, they're a couple of you who will keep me on the straight and narrow for sure, snapping me back to reality whenever i get too sexy for my shirt.

which reminds me, i'm gonna need better pants, if i didn't already mention that.

6 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

Fingers crossed Bob.

itsmecissy said...

I'm so excited for you bob,I'll get the champagne chilling!

Better pants, a nice long-sleeved shirt, Jerry Garcia tie, tassled loafers, now that's what you need.

And Oprah can just eat her heart out.

lightly said...

where was i when bob got the news

supermom said...

No tasseled loafers!!!!!

crossing all my toes for you, Bob!

itsmecissy said...

Hey tasseled loafers are cool. Better than that damn pink polo shirt and madras plaid pants. bob, if Oprah calls, agree to whatever she says,

Pam said...

You'll do it, Bobby! As far as I'm concerned you can write in the nude. Just keep writing. I see a TV contract on the horizon.